"We're all in this together"
Starts 12 Jun 2023
Spots remaining: 8
Full course description
Part 1 – Monday 12th June 2023 – 9:30am – 1:30pm
Part 2 – Tuesday 13th June 2023 – 9:30am – 1:30pm
£140 per person
Lead trainer: Clare Mason
If you are booking this course on behalf of someone else please enter their name and email address on the booking form when prompted. If you are booking multiple places please enter the name and email addresses of each attendee on the same form.
· This course will enable the learner to understand the significance of family, carers and social networks in planning and providing care.
· Participants will understand the importance of developing partnerships with family members, friends and carers and understand the impact that caring for a person with dementia in the family may have on relationships.
· Participants will understand the importance of recognising and assessing a carer’s own needs, and gain practical skills to support the needs of carers.
· Participants will gain knowledge about the complexities and diversity in family arrangements.
· Participants will develop skills and confidence to be able to communicate compassionately, effectively and in a timely manner with care partners. These skills will enable participants to support family carers to access and use information and local support networks.
· Participants will gain knowledge, understanding and practical skills to enable them to support family carers in considering options and making decisions.
· Participants will learn how to effectively gather information about a person’s history and preferences from family carers.
· Participants will hear from Experts by Experience about their own experiences.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an e-certificate for their CPD records.
Terms and Conditions
The University collects, holds and processes personal information in order to manage its operations effectively and to administer education and related functions. These activities are carried out in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and the University's Data Protection Policy. I understand that the processing of my personal data by the University is necessary for these purposes. https://www.bradford.ac.uk/data-protection/student-privacy-notice/ .
Cancellations must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For places cancelled by the Monday four weeks before the start of the course, the full course fee will be refunded. Between the following Tuesday and the second Monday before the course, inclusive, a charge of 50% of the fee will be made. After that day, or for non- attendance, the full amount will be payable.