Full course description
Part 1: Thursday 4th July 2024 - 1.30 to 5pm
Part 2: Thursday 11th July 2024 - 1.30 to 5pm
£150 per person
Trainer: Dan Kelleher
If you are booking this course on behalf of someone please enter their name and email address on the booking form when prompted. If you are booking multiple please enter the name and email address of each attendee on the same form:
During this course you will:
- Understand how dementia can cause changes in behaviour.
- Gain skills required to understand different behaviours from the person’s point of view; what might they be feeling and communicating
- Develop skills to identify possible triggers for certain behaviours (for example, environmental triggers, the impact of physical pain or discomfort, and the connection to different emotions and feelings)
- Identify practical changes that might help prevent these behaviours and alleviate distress for the person living with dementia, and their families.
- Gain practical skills in how to effectively respond to and support people living with dementia who are experiencing distress, confusion, social withdrawal, or other changes in behaviour.
- Understand how to look after yourself, if you care for a person living with dementia, and where to access support if needed.
- Hear from our Experts by Experience about their experiences of living with a dementia diagnosis.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an e-certificate for their CPD records.
Terms and Conditions
The University collects, holds and processes personal information manage its operations effectively and to administer education and related functions. These activities are carried out in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and the University's Data Protection Policy. I understand that the processing of my personal data by the University is necessary for these purposes. https://www.bradford.ac.uk/data-protection/student-privacy-notice/ .