Full course description
Part 1 – Tuesday 21 November 2023 – 1:30pm to 5pm
Part 2 – Tuesday 28 November 2023 – 1:30pm to 5pm
£150 per person
Lead trainer: Dan Kelleher
If you are booking this course on behalf of someone please enter their name and email address on the booking form when prompted. If you are booking multiple please enter the name and email address of each attendee on the same form.
During this course you will:
- Gain an understanding of the key legislation relevant to mental capacity, deprivation of liberty, equality and human rights.
- Gain an understanding of consent procedures, assessing capacity, and supporting people living with dementia to make informed decisions.
- Develop skills in recognising a range of factors which may indicate neglect, abusive or exploitative practice.
- Gain knowledge in what to do if neglect, abusive or exploitative practice is suspected, including how to raise concerns within safeguarding or whistle blowing procedures.
- Develop an understanding of the dilemmas that may arise between the duty of care and an individual’s rights and carers wishes.
- Develop an understanding of some of the current ethical debates in dementia care (for example, the use of tracking devices or the use of cameras in the home)
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an e-certificate for their CPD records.
Terms and Conditions
The University collects, holds and processes personal information manage its operations effectively and to administer education and related functions. These activities are carried out in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and the University's Data Protection Policy. I understand that the processing of my personal data by the University is necessary for these purposes.
Cancellations must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full refund will be given for cancellations made 4 weeks before the start date of the course, and a 50% refund will be given if cancelled 2 weeks before the start date of the course. No refund will be paid for any cancellations less than 2 weeks before the start date of the course.