Full course description
Part 1: Thursday 13 June 2024 - 9.30am to 1pm
Part 2: Thursday 20 June 2024 - 9.30am to 1pm
£150 per person
Trainer: Karen Windle
If you are booking this course on behalf of someone else please enter their name and email address on the booking form when prompted. If you are booking multiple places please enter the name and email address of each attendee on the same form.
During this course you will:
- Understand the health and care inequalities faced by those from the LGBTQi community.
- Understand those challenges that those from LGBTQi communities face in the dementia journey.
- Understand the lived experience of dementia in LGBTQi communities.
- Develop strategies to adapt practice and challenge heteronormative policies and practices.
- Understand how to facilitate and support LGBTQi individuals and their carers to maintain identities.
- Develop an understanding of co-production to promote LGBTQi inclusion in dementia care across the health and care environment.
- Hear from our Experts by Experience about their experiences
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an e-certificate for their CPD records.
Terms and Conditions
The University collects, holds and processes personal information in order to manage its operations effectively and to administer education and related functions. These activities are carried out in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and the University's Data Protection Policy. I understand that the processing of my personal data by the University is necessary for these purposes. https://www.bradford.ac.uk/data-protection/student-privacy-notice/ .
Cancellations must be made via email to email@example.com. A full refund will be given for cancellations made 4 weeks before the start date of the course, and a 50% refund will be given if cancelled 2 weeks before the start date of the course. No refund will be paid for any cancellations less than 2 weeks before the start date of the course.