Full course description
Part 1 - Wednesday 25th January 2023 – 9:30am – 1:30pm
Part 2 – Thursday 26th January 2023 – 9:30am – 1:30pm
£140 per person
Lead trainer: Dr Lindsey Collins
· This course will give participants the opportunity to understand what communication is, how people communicate, what difficulties can be experienced with communication and the impact of communication difficulties for people who are living with dementia.
· Participants will understand how to use the enriched model of care to effectively support communication.
· Participants will learn a range of positive and effective communication strategies for supporting communication in people living with dementia.
· Participants will develop knowledge and understanding as to how communication can enhance or undermine well-being.
· Participants will understand and be able to challenge the stigmas around dementia which can negatively impact on people’s ability to live well with dementia.
· Participants will hear from Experts by Experience about their own experiences of communication difficulties and how it impacts them.
· By the end of the course participants will know how to make effective changes in practice to enable people living with dementia to communicate more effectively.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an e-certificate for their CPD records.