Full course description
Part 1: Tuesday 14 May 2024 - 9.30am to 1pm
Part 2: Thursday 16 May 2024 - 9.30am to 1pm
£150 per person
Trainer: Clare Mason
If you are booking this course on behalf of someone else please enter their name and email address on the booking form when prompted. If you are booking multiple places please enter the name and email address of each attendee on the same form.
During this course you will:
- Learn how to effectively collaborate with experts by experience in the field of dementia, fostering a more inclusive and meaningful approach to dementia care, research, and advocacy.
- Understand the importance of involving people with dementia and unpaid family carers in dementia training, education and research.
- Understand the vital role of feeding back to Experts by Experience on the impact of their engagement.
- Recognise the training and support that may be needed by Experts by Experience to enable them to contribute to your work in a collaborative and meaningful way.
- Learn how to value and use the personal and diverse narratives of Experts by Experience to inform teaching, education and training in dementia.
- Evaluate and reflect on your own current practice when working with Experts by Experience and reflect on how it can be improved.
- Hear from our Experts by Experience about their experiences
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an e-certificate for their CPD records.
Terms and Conditions
The University collects, holds and processes personal information in order to manage its operations effectively and to administer education and related functions. These activities are carried out in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and the University's Data Protection Policy. I understand that the processing of my personal data by the University is necessary for these purposes. https://www.bradford.ac.uk/data-protection/student-privacy-notice/ .
Cancellations must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full refund will be given for cancellations made 4 weeks before the start date of the course, and a 50% refund will be given if cancelled 2 weeks before the start date of the course. No refund will be paid for any cancellations less than 2 weeks before the start date of the course.