Full course description
Part 1: Tuesday 5 March 2024 - 9.30 to 1pm
Part 2: Tuesday 12 March 2024 - 9.30 to 1pm
£150 per person
Trainer: Lindsey Collins
If you are booking this course on behalf of someone else please enter their name and email address on the booking form when prompted. If you are booking multiple places please enter the name and email address of each attendee on the same form.
During this course you will:
- Understand what types of eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties (dysphagia) people with dementia might experience and the impact of these.
- Understand how to apply the enriched model of dementia care to improve the lives of people living with dementia who have difficulties with eating, drinking and swallowing.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of how to enhance the eating and drinking experiences of people living with dementia through practical ideas, examples and frameworks.
- Understand and begin to challenge the stigmas around dementia which can negatively impact on people’s ability to live well with dementia.
- Hear from Experts by Experience about their own experiences of eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an e-certificate for their CPD records.
Terms and Conditions
The University collects, holds and processes personal information in order to manage its operations effectively and to administer education and related functions. These activities are carried out in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and the University's Data Protection Policy. I understand that the processing of my personal data by the University is necessary for these purposes. https://www.bradford.ac.uk/data-protection/student-privacy-notice/ .
Cancellations must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full refund will be given for cancellations made 4 weeks before the start date of the course, and a 50% refund will be given if cancelled 2 weeks before the start date of the course. No refund will be paid for any cancellations less than 2 weeks before the start date of the course.