Full course description
Part 1 – Monday 27th March 2023 – 9:30am – 1:30pm
Part 2 – Tuesday 28th March 2023 – 9:30am – 1:30pm
£140 per person
Lead trainer: Dr Lindsey Collins
· This course will give the participant an understanding of what types of eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties (dysphagia) people with dementia might experience and the impact of these.
· Participants will understand how to apply the enriched model of dementia care to improve the lives of people living with dementia who have difficulties with eating, drinking and swallowing.
· Participants will develop knowledge and understanding of how to enhance the eating and drinking experiences of people living with dementia through practical ideas, examples and frameworks.
· Participants will understand and begin to challenge the stigmas around dementia which can negatively impact on people’s ability to live well with dementia.
· Participants will hear from Experts by Experience about their own experiences.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an e-certificate for their CPD records.