Full course description
Part 1: Thursday 11 April 2024 - 9.30 to 1pm
Part 2: Thursday 18 April 2024 - 9.30 to 1pm
£150 per person
Trainer: Karen Windle
If you are booking this course on behalf of someone else please enter their name and email address on the booking form when prompted. If you are booking multiple places please enter the name and email address of each attendee on the same form.
During this course you will:
- Consider the key factors involved in making decisions at the end of life and understand how to apply these practically within suggested frameworks, settings and circumstances.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the spiritual and psychosocial needs of people living with dementia at the end of life and discover practical ways to support them.
- Develop strategies which will enable you to offer support to families, friends and colleagues as the end-of-life approaches.
- Develop skills which will enable them to support family, friends and care staff to maintain positive relationships with a person living with dementia who is approaching the end of their life.
- Understand and be able to challenge the stigmas around dementia which can negatively impact on people’s ability to live and die well with dementia.
- Hear from Experts by Experience about their own experiences of advance decisions and end of life conversations.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an e-certificate for their CPD records.
Terms and Conditions
The University collects, holds and processes personal information in order to manage its operations effectively and to administer education and related functions. These activities are carried out in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and the University's Data Protection Policy. I understand that the processing of my personal data by the University is necessary for these purposes. https://www.bradford.ac.uk/data-protection/student-privacy-notice/ .
Cancellations must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full refund will be given for cancellations made 4 weeks before the start date of the course, and a 50% refund will be given if cancelled 2 weeks before the start date of the course. No refund will be paid for any cancellations less than 2 weeks before the start date of the course.