"Diversity & Dementia"
Starts 18 May 2023
Spots remaining: 8
Full course description
Part 1 – Thursday 18th May 2023 – 9:30am – 1:30pm
Part 2 – Friday 19th May 2023 – 9:30am – 1:30pm
£140 per person
Lead trainer: Sahdia Parveen
If you are booking this course on behalf of someone else please enter their name and email address on the booking form when prompted. If you are booking multiple places please enter the name and email addresses of each attendee on the same form.
· This course will give the learner knowledge and awareness of cultural diversity and equality issues, and how they may impact people living with dementia.
· Participants will understand how to adapt assessment and care planning, taking account of equality issues.
· Participants will develop awareness and understanding of diversity in family arrangements and the local community and be aware of the stigma, myths and stereotypes associated with dementia.
· Participants will become aware of broader socio-cultural differences in the perceptions of the care giving role e.g. based on gender, religion and culture.
· Participants will be able to actively challenge any discriminatory practice that may compromise a person’s right to dignity, respect and safety.
· Participants will hear from Experts by Experience about their own experiences
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an e-certificate for their CPD records.
Terms and Conditions
The University collects, holds and processes personal information in order to manage its operations effectively and to administer education and related functions. These activities are carried out in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and the University's Data Protection Policy. I understand that the processing of my personal data by the University is necessary for these purposes. https://www.bradford.ac.uk/data-protection/student-privacy-notice/ .
Cancellations must be made via email to email@example.com. For places cancelled by the Monday four weeks before the start of the course, the full course fee will be refunded. Between the following Tuesday and the second Monday before the course, inclusive, a charge of 50% of the fee will be made. After that day, or for non- attendance, the full amount will be payable.