Full course description
Part 1 – Thursday 18th May 2023 – 9:30am – 1:30pm
Part 2 – Friday 19th May 2023 – 9:30am – 1:30pm
£140 per person
Lead trainer: Sahdia Parveen
· This course will give the learner knowledge and awareness of cultural diversity and equality issues, and how they may impact people living with dementia.
· Participants will understand how to adapt assessment and care planning, taking account of equality issues.
· Participants will develop awareness and understanding of diversity in family arrangements and the local community and be aware of the stigma, myths and stereotypes associated with dementia.
· Participants will become aware of broader socio-cultural differences in the perceptions of the care giving role e.g. based on gender, religion and culture.
· Participants will be able to actively challenge any discriminatory practice that may compromise a person’s right to dignity, respect and safety.
· Participants will hear from Experts by Experience about their own experiences
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an e-certificate for their CPD records.