Full course description
Technology Support Session: 7th November
Tutorial 1: 8th November
Tutorial 2: 12th November
Tutorial 3: 14th November
Tutorial 4: 15th November
Tutorial 5: 22nd November
Tutorial 6: 24th November
£975 per person
Clare Mason & <ADD SECOND TRAINER NAME>
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss person-centred care and its application in practice.
- Describe the psychological needs of people living with dementia and ways to meet them.
- Recognise the signs of positive and negative mood and engagement in people living with dementia.
- Use DCM™ to draw conclusions about whether a person living with dementia is experiencing well- or ill-being by using observational skills and an empathic approach.
- Accurately code practice-based scenarios using the DCM™ coding frames and associated notes.
- Conduct basic analysis of numerical and qualitative DCM™ data and draw out key issues for development of different aspects of care practice.
- Discuss the DCM™ feedback process, appraise the challenges this may raise and identify ways to overcome them.
- Describe good practice on how to brief colleagues about what DCM™ is.
- Reflect on own and others’ practice.
- Effectively communicate DCM data verbally and in writing.
Terms and Conditions
· Your booking is not confirmed until you have paid the full cost of the course.
· If you are booking for multiple staff from the same organisation, please note that you can only book a maximum of three places per course.
· The University collects, holds and processes personal information in order to manage its operations effectively and to administer education and related functions. These activities are carried out in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and the University's Data Protection Policy. I understand that the processing of my personal data by the University is necessary for these purposes. https://www.bradford.ac.uk/data-protection/student-privacy-notice/ .
· Cancellations must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For places cancelled by the Monday four weeks before the start of the course, the full course fee will be refunded. Between the following Tuesday and the second Monday before the course, inclusive, a charge of 50% of the fee will be made. After that day, or for non- attendance, the full amount will be payable.